Friday, December 12, 2014

Candied Jalapeno Apple BBQ Sauce

This sauce has everything... spiciness, sweetness, unique flavor and a nice tang!  I came up with this idea from watching a Smoky Ribs rib video.  The ribs looked so good I had to create an Candied Jalapeno BBQ sauce.  Here is my attempt.  It turned out really good and is excellent on pulled pork. 

As for the type of apples I used I am not really sure.  I know it was 3 different types (Gala, Ida Red and Crispin I think), 3 firm and slightly tart apples would be ideal.  I hope you give this BBQ sauce a try!

 
 
 

In a pot over medium heat add the oil, peppers and onions along with a big pinch of salt - cook until translucent.
 
Add the apples and brown sugar and cook until the apples soften a bit.

Add the candied jalapenos along with the brining liquid and all the other ingredients and bring to a simmer.  Cook for an hour, adding water if it seems too think.  Remember it will be much thicker after its blended and cooled. 

Let cool a bit and taste for seasoning - then blend.  Place a towel over the top blender if the sauce is still hot.  Pour into sterilized containers and store in the fridge or can the sauce.  

1 T Canola Oil
1/2 C Diced Green Bell Pepper
1 Diced Cooking Onion
1 Jalapeno
3 Cored/Cubed Apples
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C Jalapenos filled to the line with the brining liquid
20 oz Apple Cider
2 C Ketchup
1 C Mustard
1/4 C Molasses
1/3 C Worcestershire
1 C Cider Vinegar
2 t Fresh Cracked Pepper
1 1/2 t Salt


No comments:

Post a Comment