Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pepperoni Garlic Knot Pull Apart Bread Recipe - How to make an easy game day recipe

 
I wanted to make just plain garlic knots when I saw a recipe over at serious eats.  I loosely based this recipe on that.....by that I mean I kind of winged it after I looked at the pictures.  I have made this since I filmed it and half of a pizza dough works better but this is only a two person serving.  I really hope you give this one a try! 
 

I started out with enough dough for one pizza and let it rise in the refridgerator over night. 

The next day I diced up some pepperoni and threw it in a cast iron pan (I used an 8'' - original recipe called for a 10'') with the olive oil and butter.  Simmer a bit and throw in the herbs and crushed red pepper, let that go for another minute or two and add the garlic.  Cook another minute and remove from heat to cool - I added it to a metal bowl so that the garlic would not burn. 

While the pepperoni oil is cooling go ahead and make the garlic knots.  Roll out the dough to press out any bubbles and cut in strips.  Tie strips in knots and toss in the pepperoni oil.  Add knots back into the cast iron and pour over any oil/pepperoni left in the bowl.  Top with freshly shredded cheese and cover.


Let rise for at least 2 hours.  I turned on the oven and when it reached 100 degrees, I turned it off and let the knots rise in there.

These could surely be cooked in the oven but I prefer the smokiness a charcoal grill brings.  After the knots double in size, preheat your grill/oven to 400 and cook for 20-25 minutes.  Add a some freshly grated cheese on top and serve with some warmed marinara sauce.

If you plan on serving this to more than two people I highly recommend making a double batch. 





1 pizza dough (14 oz)
Diced Pepperoni
3 T Olive Oil
1 T Butter
1/4 t Dried Parsley
1/4 t Dried Oregano
1/2 t Dried Italian Seasoning
1/4 t Crushed Red Pepper
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Pecorino Romano

Here is the link to recipe over at serious eats - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/easy-pull-apart-pepperoni-garlic-bread-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment