Friday, January 16, 2015

Maple Pancake Breakfast Sandwich recipe - Bacon, Egg and cheese on maple pancakes on the Euro-Q

 Super simple sandwich that I made just to play around with the new egg rings I received.  Plus this is the first video on my new to me Weber Genesis Silver that I picked up on craigslist for 40$.  I love the new grill...not sure how old this Weber is but it is a solid grill and will be used as my outdoor griddle.
Let me start by saying these sandwiches completely rocked.  I will be making many more versions of these.  Even with very little maple syrup the flavor really comes through in the pancakes.  The pancakes are so light and fluffy.  They make a perfect bun for a breakfast sandwich.
This sandwich I guess is kind of like a McGriddle....even though I have never had one I really cant speak to that.  I really hope you give this recipe a try!

To start off make your favorite pancake batter and preheat your griddle to a medium heat.  You do not want the griddle to hot as these pancake buns are thick and you want them to cook through.  Unless, you like gooey pancakes....but that is just not my thing.

Cook 1 strip of bacon per sandwich.  After the the bacon is cooked, wipe down the bacon grease and spray some cooking spray on some egg rings.  Place the egg rings on the griddle and let them heat up a little.

Fill the egg rings about 1/4 of the way up with batter and then drizzle in some maple syrup.  Top with more batter and cook for a few minutes.  Use a butter knife to loosen the pancakes from the egg rings, if necessary.  As you can see in the video one did not stick at all.  Flip the 'buns' and add another egg ring to the griddle to heat up for the egg.

When the pancakes are done, add 1 egg to the egg ring and break the yolk.  add about half a cup of water and close the grill to steam the egg (you could also use something to cover the egg if you are not cooking on a gas grill).  If done right the top of the egg will be partially cooked and its now time to flip and finish cooking the egg.

After you flip the egg place 1 piece of cheese on the top to melt a little.

Assemble the sandwich as shown in the pictures.

For each sandwich:
Pancake buns infused with maple syrup
1 piece of bacon
1 egg
1 slice of processed cheddar cheese



2 comments: