First long cook on the mini. Going to try lump next time as the Kingsford Blue produced a lot of ash and was stomping out the fire at the end. Cooked a 6lb butt in about 10 hours at a constant 225. Maintaining this temperature for 10 hours required very little maintenance.
1 Pork Shoulder Roast
BBQ rub of choice
- used left over rub from my chicken thigh video
- also used my top secret Cuban Rub
3 chunks apple wood
- Ideally you want to prepare the pork shoulder 1 day before the cook. To prepare, trim any excess fat and cover liberally with bbq rub.
- Fill Weber Smokey Joe completely with charcoal. Add 3 chunks of smoke wood. - I like apple wood with pork.
- Assemble mini WSM and preheat smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place roast on lowest grate (no need to install upper grate for this cook.
- Mist with apple cider vinegar every 3 hours.
- Wrap roast if necessary.
- Cook until internal temperature of pork is between 195-203.
- Wrap and let rest for 1-2 hours.
- Pull the roast with 2 forks.
Check out Sal at