Monday, November 10, 2014

Smoked Beef Jerky recipe - How to make beef jerk on a mini Weber Smokey Mountain (mini WSM)

Well this was my first attempt at smoking jerky.  Overall it turned out really well.  I normally use bottom round or top round for jerky making.  But I had some eye of round ends that I saved when I trimmed up some roasts that I used in this cook.  I hope you give this beef jerky recipe a try!
 

2 lbs 1/4 inch sliced eye of round roast
2 C Cold Water
1 T Kosher Salt
1 T Crushed Red Pepper
1 t Powdered Ginger

Combine water, salt, crushed red pepper and ginger in a bowl.  Whisk until the salt and ginger dissolves.

Place sliced beef in zippered bag and pour over the marinade.  Place in refrigerator for 24-48 hours.  48 hours is best.

Stabilize smoker at 175-180 degrees Fahrenheit.  Smoke until beef is jerky like....I went for about 12 hours on this beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment